With so many stretch mark creams on the market how do you know which is the best stretch mark cream for you. It can be difficult to sort through all the information and marketing propaganda to find something that will actually work.
What Are Stretch Marks?
To find the best cream for stretch marks, it’s important to know a little about stretch marks, what they are and how they are formed, first. Stretch marks are small scars caused by tearing in the dermis, or middle layer, of the skin. This tearing is generally caused when the skin is stretched due to pregnancy, weight gain, muscle gain or puberty. Hormones present during these times also influence the development of stretch marks.
These hormones affect the formation of stretch marks in the skin by preventing the production of collagen and elastin. Collagen and elastin are needed to support the skin tissue and allow growing skin to remain tight. When there is a lack of these protein fibers the skin will be more apt to experience tearing, which of course leads to stretch marks.
No one likes the idea of having stretch marks. The best way to avoid stretch marks is to take steps to prevent the formation of them, but if you already have them you will want to know the best way to get rid of stretch marks.
Best Stretch Mark Cream
There are a number of stretch mark prevention creams that have been quite helpful to prevent stretch marks or at least reduce the amount and severity of the stretch marks. Although it’s more difficult to remove stretch marks once you already have them a good stretch mark cream can help reduce the appearance of them. So you can see a good stretch mark cream can be important in the fight to both prevent and get rid of stretch marks.
Ingredients are key in finding the best stretch mark cream. The following ingredients are things to look for when shopping for a stretch mark cream:
– Cocoa Butter – Derived from cocoa beans cocoa butter is a great moisturizer that has been used for hundreds of years to soften and heal skin.
– Shea Butter – An emollient from a specific nut from Africa, shea butter has a high concentration of the fatty acids stearic and oleic acid that nourish the epidermis.
– Vitamin E – A popular antioxidant Vitamin E helps delay the skin cells aging process while nourishing the skin.
– Retinyl Palmitate – Helps renew cells and is easily metabolized, retinyl palmitate helps to encourage the division of new cells to keep skin fresh and younger-looking.
– Aloe Vera – A great natural moisturizer aloe vera is also well known for its healing properties and ability to help with inflammation.
– Grape Seed Extract – In studies grape seed extract has been shown to enhance the formation of epidermal tissue.
You’ll get the best results from a stretch mark cream if you use it regularly. If you only use it sporadically you won’t have the same results because it won’t be able to work the way it was meant to, even with the best stretch mark cream. The added benefit of using stretch mark cream is that your skin will feel nice and supple because of the moisturizing effect of these creams.